Thursday, September 10, 2009

Bees in bed

Well we don't have bees in our bed... but that is what we were reading about tonight. I stopped off at the library today to get some books for the boys. Josh has an obsession for bees. He's actually very scared of them and wont go outside if he sees them flying by. It's kinda annoying when we are at the park and he sees one because he freaks out so badly that we sometimes have to end up going home. He's never been stung by one but he saw my mom get stung by one and I think it traumatized him. So we are working on reading more about them to see if maybe it will ease his mind a bit and maybe he wont be so frightened by them.


Even I learned some very interesting facts about bees:)

4 comments:

Pambo said...

I like bees and was stung several times when I was younger (you really shouldn't go barefoot outside). It doesn't hurt very much, more itchy than anything, so no worries, Joshua.

Pambo said...

Oh, this post reminded me of one of my favorite Sunday School kid's stories.
Jennifer Hendricks was in my class and we were asking the kids what song they would like to sing and she kept saying "Bees by the River". We couldn't figure out what song it was so we had her sing it. She was like, "You know, "I've got bees by the river". It was "I've got peace like a river, I've got peace like a river, I've got peace like a river in my soul..."
So, so, so adorable, just like Jen.

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

Good idea to learn more about something he's scared of!

Melissa said...

that's a good idea. Cameron used to be scared of spiders, we got him some books. He's not so bad now.