Friday, December 5, 2008

First sleep over


Well today is the first time that Josh will be sleeping over at a friends house. Usually we have them spend the night at our house but I finally gave in. This is really hard for me so I am pretty nervous and excited at the same time for him. I know most of you are thinking that I must be crazy for not letting him spend the night before but you see when I was little I had a few issues with sleep overs. My good friend lived right next door and when I would sleep over at her house I always cried for my mom. My mom would have to come and get me like at 3 in the morning so after a few times of that my mom just wouldn't let me go anymore until I was way older. I guess I just really missed my family. So that is why I have been holding off on this subject with Joshua. Hopefully he has a great time and won't call me at 3in the morning crying that he wants to come home. BUT... if he does then I'll be very understanding because I've been there:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, he is growing up soooo fast! Before you know it he will be old enough to babysit his little brother! And we as parents need to let them go, just pray for them always, and God will do the rest! What better hands for them to be in!

Pambo said...

I bet Joshua had a great time. It's hard to let them sleep over at a friend's house isn't it? My kids usually just spent the night at their nanny's house or aunts and uncles. We always had killer girl slumber parties at our house. Tyler never wanted to do the sleepover thing for his party.